PDA

View Full Version : New Players have trouble with IDs

Rob Haines
October 23rd, 2002, 01:52 PM
I do a lot of projects with different publishers that have what they call "rehearsal points". I call them internal track IDs, as they are internal in a song. This enables the user to play a song from measure 29 or the last chorus and so on. MicroEditor does a fantastic, effecient job at creating these.

I was told today that the new generation of players that tout different formats have problems playing the audio when they hit these internal track IDs. They cause a hiccup or glitch. Anyone heard of this? More info?

Rob Haines

admin
October 23rd, 2002, 02:27 PM
Sounds like our "I" flags. Easiest way to try is put some in a song, write the CD and take it to a player that is known to exhibit the problem and see what happens. :w

Rob Haines
October 23rd, 2002, 02:55 PM
No not "I" flags. When i create these CD masters with internal IDs I just use "T" flags and a "P" flag at the end of every song. This problem as described to me is not unique to MicroSound. As described to me: using a new generaltion player, when the player hits an internal (to a song) ID there is a hiccup in playback instead of playing continuously.