PDA

View Full Version : Book Preparation

Donald Sweareng
October 20th, 2002, 04:52 AM
I Have used both office 97 Professional and Office 2000. When I prepare my books everything looks good in Access, but when I read the Artist or Title listings with Word, all the same brand disks are duplicated several times. If you have 5 chartbuster disks listed only one artist and song name appears for the same track in all disks.

admin
October 20th, 2002, 10:48 AM
This is a bug that we are working on.

T.Wright
October 21st, 2002, 07:35 PM
I am having a problem with importing tracks, after I check the IMPORT SELECTED TRACKS tab I'm having a delay of about 15 minutes before it starts to import the tracks. Everything was OK up to about 24 CD's imported and then this problem, Anyone else had this problem.

Wayne White
October 22nd, 2002, 09:51 PM
I have been experiencing the delay with importing every since installing 1.107. I don't think it's usually as long as 15 minutes, but sometimes it is longer and it seems that if I click the mouse again, I get an error about Zero Normalization.

By the way, I posted this, as did someone else, at the thread about 1.102 bugs...Wayne

T.Wright
October 23rd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Wayne,
There is a bug and MTU are now aware of it, Thanks for your imput.

kedmison
October 30th, 2002, 03:38 PM
To Anyone,...

I'm still holding off getting Hoster for right now. Reading quite a bit about "bugs"; which is understandable. Do not have the time myself right now to purchase and"help" with the process. But I am very glad there are those of you out there who are helping with this project.

I have read much lately about problems with the song books. personnaly, I'm not as interested in that area. What I am interested in and haven't heard much about is, how well does the program play the songs? Is the quality of the music the same? Does the program hang up between songs? etc. Just curious.

Kelly

Donald Sweareng
October 30th, 2002, 05:14 PM
I don't know of any other software that allows you to host a karaoke show. Thanks to MTU for having an interest in what KJ's need and keeping the program in a good price range. The program is also very easy to use. They are a little bit behind schedule, but are doing a great job in being responsive and fixing bugs as they are identified. This is all pretty common procedure in the development of new software. And Kelly the sound is great and no more scratched CD.s:)

admin
November 4th, 2002, 07:29 PM
The last problem was the duplication of songs in the Song Book. Our beta testers are reporting this has now been fixed.

Also, 1.200 allows rebuilding the Song Database from songs you have imported. You can build a list of drives/directories to use, and direct the created database to any directory and the Playlist will find and use it.

We now consider Hoster in full release. :g :c :)

Donald Sweareng
December 1st, 2002, 05:10 AM
Would Be nice to be able to edit records to delete duplicate songs or songs if poor quality. You have to edit access very carefully to remove the song and then delete the actual song from the hard drive. There should be a delete button to do all this at a click of the button.

ADMIN NOTE: The Build Song Database function will re-create your songs.mdb file very quickly from .kma files on your hard drive. Now, all you need to do is either re-import the song which will overwrite the existing one, or delete the .kma file and rebuild the songs.mdb file. This is a very easy to use way to "delete" a song. There is no easier way than we have provided to replace a bad song. You no longer need to edit the songs.mdb with Microsoft's Access.

Donald Sweareng
December 1st, 2002, 05:14 AM
Hoster would be usable now even with the minor bugs if the key change was working. That feature should be added as quickly as possible

mikedomi
December 1st, 2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Donald Sweareng
Hoster would be usable now even with the minor bugs if the key change was working. That feature should be added as quickly as possible now people are starting to realize that all the bells are not as important. as whats under the hood.before you do a show you should be able to edit book,song search by tilel, artist ,edit book id # or have the abilate to change book id # in header.this things will save time,money,yes you can do one of these things now but if you make a mistake your screwed. for people who are looking for all the bells dont you think your foundation should be coverd first.mtu is trying to make everyone happy.bryan is only one man .he is so bussy trying to help everyone .sometimes he does not have time for the beta testers who are the ones who work for free.these are the people who try to get the bugs befor you do. why dont you give them all time to do there job .believe me when i say everyone is working very hard to get this out as quick as they can. have a great day p.s donald good post

admin
December 2nd, 2002, 08:51 AM
Our Beta Testers have given us the thumbs up on our key change addition they received last week. This is expected to be made available today or tomorrow.

Also, the problems with playing some discs have been fixed.

There are several additional upgrades added over Thanksgiving, but due to the open nature of our Forums, we can't reveal them here. If you have Hoster, you will receive a notice when it is available for download.

kedmison
December 5th, 2002, 10:01 PM
Okay Boys & Girls,

My MTU Laptop and Hoster program has finally arrived! This machine is awsome! 2.4 GH, 512 ram, 2-60Gig internal hard drives, and a Radeon 9000 Video card.

Getting ready to begin copying my discs and would like to take a poll as to what compression I should use. Those of you who already have Hoster; what compression do you find gives the best quality at the most compression? I realize I have 2 60 gig hard drives but they are set up for mirror image. Not that i don't trust MTU, but like NASA, I think I will feel better knowing that if I "get on the back side of the moon and one goes out, I'll still have one to get me home." Please let me know what you think.

Kelly

admin
December 5th, 2002, 11:01 PM
MTUSUPPORT says he can't really tell a loss of quality when importing Karaoke CDG discs at any of the compression ratios... and he's got 26yo ears!!!!!

Best thing is to try several yourself. I think you're going to end up at 96K or 128K, but try it. :c