PDA

View Full Version : dual video card

Beavis
October 9th, 2002, 08:45 AM
how do i get my radeon 8500 video card to show just the karaoke and not my desktop & mouse?????? ive tried everything!

Wayne White
October 9th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Not knowing your expertise with computers, I will keep this general. If you need more details, reply and I'll be more specific.

If the 8500 is like the 7500, you need to get to properties (right mouse click on the desktop) and click the Display Tab. Select the TV. There should be a check box to check - something like 'extend my desktop to the second monitor'. Check it. You may have to restart your computer.

Open Hoster. While playing a song, you probably have a little TV window you can move around on the screen. Grab it with the curser and drag it off the screen to the other screen. If this works for you, you can toggle the screen back to your computer screen by double clicking you mouse on the TV screen.

Hope this helps.

Wayne:c

Beavis
October 10th, 2002, 08:34 AM
actually im pretty good with computers, its just the fine detail that gets me every now and then. i will try what you say when i get to work. i didnt think i would need to change my video card. but are you sure im not going to get the desktop on my tv?

Wayne White
October 10th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Like I said, I have the 7500, this was what I needed to do. Until I did, my entire desktop was on the TV. Once I checked the button, My TV didn't have anything until I dragged (is that a word?) it there with my mouse.

I had a little sizable/movable TV screen when I had Hoster open. I dragged it to the TV. Then the little TV window at the bottom of the Hoster screen started to work.

Wayne

Beavis
October 11th, 2002, 04:32 PM
ok ive gotten it to work, but if i slide my mouse all the way to the right, it comes into the tv. is this right ?

Wayne White
October 11th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Yes. If when you slide your mouse off your screen you should see the mouse pointer on the TV. Assuming you do, grab the little moveable TV screen from Hoster by left clicking your mouse on it and hold it down. Then drag your mouse off to the TV screen. This should cause your TV to show the Karaoke words when playing songs on Hoster & your PC to show Hoster.

Wayne

Beavis
October 11th, 2002, 05:14 PM
thanks alot !!! i didnt want to go spend any money on another video card. it works great. now if i could only import more than 5 cd-g's i would be all set !!

Wayne White
October 11th, 2002, 05:19 PM
I have not had many problems importing songs. Delays, hang ups. etc. but, for the most part mine import fine (the ones in the DB). If you havn't upgraded to 1.07, I suggest that you do. I don't know if it will solve your problem, but, it can't hurt. (I don't think).

Wayne

Beavis
October 11th, 2002, 05:23 PM
i am running 1107. but im using the custom assembly an typing in my own artist and title. ive cut my collection in half, because i dont use the vocal tracks.