PDA

View Full Version : How well does it work - so far?

johnydotcom
September 23rd, 2002, 06:59 PM
Someone somewhere has to be preparing or using Hoster - how's it going? Is it easy to use? Is it dependable? I'd love to make the change but it sounds like a lot of work and I'm a little afraid of a crash in the middle of a show.

I'm inpressed with the MTU products I already own but this is a significant change and I have been burned before being an early adopter with other new software.

Should I buy - or wait awhile?

Wayne White
September 23rd, 2002, 10:13 PM
Unless, I can resolve a couple of the problems I posted, I doubt that Hoster is it's current version is really ready to do live shows.

I have had Hoster (with a MTU laptop) for a week. I have been importing songs in my spare time and have about 30 discs imported. 450 songs at 128K compression has only taken up 2.26 Gig so, I think I can get my main show on 30 Gig.

I am looking forward to the release of Hoster 2.0 and in the meantime am just trying to get all of my music imported.

Anyone else....Wayne

Wayne White
November 18th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Although I just imported my final disks this weekend, I have taken Hoster to a couple of jobs (along with my disks & players).

It works really well. Previously, I always cued songs with a remote (5 disc DKK players). I kept wanting to pick up the remote as songs ended (from habit). The songs played through to the next track as long as you close the Add From Hard Disk window. With this open, the next song doesn't start until you close it (which is understandable that it has Focus when open).

Not only can you find the selections quickly, but when the song is over, you don't need to put it away. At one point I was 20 plus singers ahead in the rotation.

Good Job MTU!

There are a couple of additional features/enhancements I would like to see.

1. In the drop down to select the track #, please display the song title beside the track#. People frequently give me the disk # and leave off the track #. Since I had the disk in my hand & always verified that the Song matched up to the #, it was minor to figure out the track # and write it down before loading the disk. With Hoster, you either have look up the song or try track #'s until you find the song.

2. An end of round marker with a choice to add singers to the current or next round. Because people gave me multiple requests, I went ahead and added them in, but as I add new singers to the current round they go to the bottom, as such, I kept having to move the singers already loaded for the next round down (or move the other singers up).

3. Really looking forward to being able to drop WMA & VCD into the Playlist.

Wayne

Beavis
November 18th, 2002, 09:08 PM
it worked flawlessly for my first show.

i cant wait for the option to display jpeg's on my screen in between singers !!! even better yet maybe mpeg2's mini videos !!