PDA

View Full Version : Plexwritter 40/12/40U

dmilburn
September 6th, 2002, 11:06 PM
I bought several CD writters trying to find one that works. The latest on is this Plexwritter 40/12/40U that states it supports CD+G. Microstudio Software does not recogize the drive and I have tried all the things listed on this forum

George
September 7th, 2002, 08:47 AM
When you say this forum, not certain if you mean this thread or all the forums. If this thread only you may need to do the ASPI driver download described at the beginning of the main Microstudio forum, or if you already did that did you remember to switch from Microstudio to Default drivers in the Microstudio Program? Thats easy to overlook. All else failing, did you buy the drive from MTU?

George

dmilburn
September 7th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Thank You for you quick response. I have downloaded the ASPI drivers and changed the setting to default and it still does not regognize the drive. I am using Windows XP, does that make a difference? I did not buy the Wrtter from you but I did see where other users were using it so I assumed they were all alike.

I am lost and out of ideas

George
September 7th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Derryl, Sorry that wasn't a fix. I'm not MTU staff, just a client like yourself. I was hoping that would resolve it quickly for you. The reason I asked if you'd purchased the drive from MTU was because they test every drive they sell. It seems that no one model or manufacturer is 100% dependable. One of a kind will work and another won't.

I'm not saying this is what's happening with you, just that it does happen. Don't know how soon you may get a response from Support, they are a small company and like to see their families over the weekends. Just passing that along so's the old frustration level won't climb too high.

I believe they are going to need more info regarding your system.
OS,Processor, Memory, Which Directx version(needs to be 8.0 or better). Will also think on this some more.

Take care,

George

Forgot to answer your question. I'm also running XP, as are many others. You may also want to go to the Plextor website and download the latest drivers for your burner, if you haven't already done so. A stab in the dark, but who knows? should be done anyway.

dmilburn
September 7th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the info George. You are right about the frustration. It is very frustrating. But I realize there are a lot of variables in this kind of thing so I learn to cope. I will go to the Plxors site and see what I can find. I am just looking to back up my CD+G collection. It is a very expensive project!

dmilburn
September 7th, 2002, 11:59 AM
George..... You did it man, I got the correct driver from the Plextor website. It says that the ASPI drivers for Windows XP has to be 4.70 or higher. I had it all set at 4.60

You have to change the driver settings on the software to Systems driver settings not the software driver settings.

Thanks a lot:g