PDA

View Full Version : Failure to complete recording at higher than 6x write - Requires V2.2

roynewton
December 23rd, 2000, 07:07 PM
I just bought and registered Microstudio and tried to copy a CDG disk. It appeared to work allright and it popped out at the end and said recording was successful, however when I played it back It stopped in the middle of the 11th song. There were 16 songs on the original disk. What do I have to do to get it to duplicate the whole disk?

admin
December 24th, 2000, 12:37 AM
I have not heard of this problem before. Let me assure you that the Microstudio Duplicate Disc function does copy the entire disc. I expect your media was at fault. Please post here what CDR media are you using?

Try duplicating the same master Karaoke disc again with another CDR media. Use a CDR disc from the same lot as before to start. If you have the same problem again, trying using a different CDR media than what you have.

Did you following all the installation requirements?

What version of Windows are you running?

roynewton
December 24th, 2000, 01:40 PM
I I tried also to copy selected songs. I listed 13 songs from 3 different disks and this time it stopped after recording 6 songs and a few lines from the 7th. I will try to find some MITSUI media locally today and try it again. I was using Imation CD-R Compatible 700mb/80 Min Media.
I was using Automatic for the Read Speed and 1x for the Write speed.
I will let you know if the different media works.

Thanks

Roy

ltproductions
January 30th, 2001, 04:05 AM
I've tried several times to copy a karaoke disk with no luck. I even tried to copy an audio only disk still no luck:e. Every time I try it, at some point during the recording process I get an error message that says "Record was unsuccesful". I've followed your installation instructions to the letter, paying close attention to the "auto insert notification" settings which I've confirmed as set to "off". I have a Plexwriter 12/10/32A which I have tested with other software including CDRWIN(at 1x:f) and it works just fine. Am wondering: should the "DMA" setting be checked "on" or "off"? Should I try it at a slower speed (8x by default I believe)? I don't have your latest version of MS I'm still waiting for the new download codes which I've requested 3 times:m. I'm hoping the newer version will solve my problems. Any ideas:?

P.S. My hardware is:
AMD Duron 650Mhz processor
64MB SDRAM
16MB RAM Video card

ltproductions
January 30th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Oh, almost forgot. I've used Kodak CD-R Ultima 80 12x certified, and TDK Data CD-R 100% certified up to 12x compatible, both with same result.
Larry T.

ltproductions
February 2nd, 2001, 06:49 PM
Installed the new version(2.103)of MS on my system. Burned one cd successfully then started having the same problem as before, which is that it stops right in the middle of the burn. I get an error message like "writing error has occured" or "bad media". I'd like to reiterate that I've checked and triple checked all my settings as per your installation instructions. Should the DMA setting be disabled on my cd writer? By the way,I'm also using a competitors product and everything works fine, I haven't had a single failed burn with it. Please help!

P.S. Here is my system info:
AMD Duron 650 processor
64MB RAM
NVIDIA 16 MB Vieo card
PlexWriter12/10/32A

ltproductions
February 2nd, 2001, 08:45 PM
Still doing the same thing. The specific error message is:
"Error:Write command failed on device 1:0:0 Read/Write error
or bad medium detected. (04h 00h 02h 03h 0Ch 09h)". It seems to be happening right after it records the pregap.Any ideas?:f

ltproductions
February 11th, 2001, 04:54 PM
I think I've solved my own problem. Suspect the CD-R media is at fault. If I slow to 6x recording speed, Microstudio works fine every time. Faster speeds give me varying results. Sometimes the cd burns fine, sometimes it fails the burn. Will try Mitsui cd media to find out for sure. Hope this helps anybody else having problems. Larry T.

Brian Corr
February 11th, 2001, 05:16 PM
Be careful about what you are running on your pc when you are burning a disc. With only 64mb memory is limited. I advise you mabye take advantage of the current cheap memory on sale an treat yourself to a couple of 128mb's.

Even with the 256mb sdram I have limit what I am doing when I am burning. Hope this helps

admin
February 12th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Read the new posts in the http://mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=151 Thread. There are some facts now documented that are questioned here.

admin
February 15th, 2001, 05:58 PM
:s It does appear that Microstudio V2.103 will not record at higher than 6x speed, even if everything else is working and able. This limitation has been removed in the new V2.2 we are working on.

sternbro
November 23rd, 2003, 03:14 PM
how about sending out this update for free then?