PDA

View Full Version : Song book question

trelynda
August 16th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I have word installed and my songbook pointing to the correct path. The songbook was working correctly, now it is not. It is opening but only one column and no title at the top. Any idea?

Roy Dennis
August 16th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Are you opening it from the Songbook view songbook button or are you opening word then browsing to the file ?

Only it creates it in C:\ProgramData\mtu.com\Hoster\SongBook.rtf which for most computers is in a hidden folder.

To view it from the songbook dialog you must select the correct file path from the Select Viewer button, you must select WINWORD.exe as the file.
I attach a picture showing the file path although different versions of word can vary the path.

You must open the file with the .rtf extension, if you opened it in any other programme and saved it again in the other software you could lose the formatting of the columns and title.

Before you said you only had the starter version.

trelynda
August 16th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Roy,
Yes I installed the full version of word and I have created the songbook correctly several times until today and for some reason it is just opening it with one column and no formatting. Typically when I say view songbook it has opened with the correct formatting. I have also opened word then opened the file and get the same result. Again this was working perfectly last week so I am not sure what changed.

trelynda
August 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I have attached a screen shot of the path on my computer to word.

trelynda
August 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
and here is what I get when I select view songbook within hoster

Roy Dennis
August 16th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Right try this, with the page open as you showed in your attachment, select the view tab from the menu bar, then select Print layout.

See how you get on with that.

trelynda
August 16th, 2013, 01:01 PM
that worked thanks!

Roy Dennis
August 16th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Happy to be of service, if you want another little tip, you might like a line separating the columns, from the format tab select columns, in that dialog is a little tick box for line between, tick that and OK.
If you decide you don't want it just untick box and OK again.:)