PDA

View Full Version : How can I really upgrade?

geezer
August 5th, 2002, 10:37 PM
---It seems that 5.5 is only available as an upgrade....There is a logical problem here: If previous versions would not run on XP, how can I install the previous version on a fresh XP computer before upgrading to 5.5 so that I can use Microeditor on XP?

I'm ready to pony up the money for what seems to be the final upgrade, but I need some instructions on how to accomplish this.

Likewise, will the current highest version of MicroCD (which is above the version I am using) function with 5.5 and XP?....I am ready to spend the money here, as well, but need the info beforehand.

Please clarify and add any other details that are pertinant-

Thanks-

js

MTUSUPPORT
August 6th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Geezer,
Yes, it is an "upgrade", but this is actually a full version as all others before. This will install by itself onto XP without any problems.

MicroCd 2.403 will also work perfect under XP. I have been running both for over a month. 5.5 will not run under 98 as of this minute. I will be trying to work with Larry to fix that.

geezer
August 7th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Thanks, Bryan-

I've been having a bit of a virus problem on this computer, but I seem to have turned the corner....When I'm sure in a couple of days, I'll go ahead and order the download....

Would love to have an update on any of the other issues Dave alluded to a couple of months ago, as well as a complete compatability/features statement about 5.5 somewhere so I know thoroughly what I'm getting into.

Thanks again-

js

MTUSUPPORT
August 7th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Geezer,
Wait for about a week and you should get an email about an upgrade special. They have just decided on doing something this morning, so all clients will be emailed about this.