PDA

View Full Version : Vogone Sound Problem

kenpattx
August 2nd, 2002, 12:21 AM
I installed the Vogone update today(I have never used the Vogone before) and have a major problem regarding the sound. I followed the manual to create a wav file of a song on a cd. when I played it, it sounded like it "skipped" and went up and down. I opened the same wav file through the Home Producer, and the wav file played exactly as it should have. I'm not a knowledgeable computer user, so be gentle, for I know not what I'm doing. Pat

admin
August 2nd, 2002, 10:14 AM
kenpattx, this sounds like your processor does not have enough power to run Vogone in real-time.

1. You need at least a 350MHz processor for Vogone 2.014, and 650 MHz for Vogone 2.104.

2. An AMD K6 processor will not work for Vogone. It simply does not have the internal power that other processors have, and that Vogone requires for its floating-point math processing.

When you export the vocal reduced file to the hard drive, it should work satisfactory. The problem will be making live adjustments. If you can get around the stuttering sound and hear how well or not your adjustments are in "real-time" then you can save it as a file on the hard drive and it will have the processing applied to it correctly, without stuttering.