PDA

View Full Version : Hoster 5.0.6 die on me in my show

chatrobot
March 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
I purchased my laptop and hoster software from MTU in May last year. It has been working good since.
Last weekend I upgrade to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5.02 and everything seems to be working fine UNTIL......
Last night (Thursday) I ran my show, Hoster lost audio after first song was played. I checked and verified the computer is working fine as I can still paly music using virtual DJ and sound is coming out. It is just in Hoster the song is played (the lyrics is running) but no sound.

I have to cancel the show eventually. I lost meony and suffered embrassement. I submitted ticket to support and post my question in 5.0.6 bug report forum but I did not receive any feedback so far (right now it is Friday morning 11am EST)
I ahve two more shows this weekend. One on Saturday night and one on Sunday. I cannot afford cancelling more shows this week.

Can I get some help and support ASAP?

MTUSUPPORT
March 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM
I have not seen any ticket from you at all. I just searched on your email at rcn, and do not show any new tickets you placed.

As to your issue, can you tell me do you have all of the Windows Updates installed on your computer? Did you do these changes, they were changed on March 13? http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm

What type of songs are you playing when this happens? Are they .mp3+g, .zip, .kma, .kmh, .bin?

Do these items first, then if this still does not work, please put an Emergency Ticket in here http://www.mtu.com/support/how-to-move-registration.htm

Skybird74
March 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I purchased my laptop and hoster software from MTU in May last year. It has been working good since.
Last weekend I upgrade to 5.0.6 from 5.0.5.02 and everything seems to be working fine UNTIL......
Last night (Thursday) I ran my show, Hoster lost audio after first song was played. I checked and verified the computer is working fine as I can still paly music using virtual DJ and sound is coming out. It is just in Hoster the song is played (the lyrics is running) but no sound.

I have to cancel the show eventually. I lost meony and suffered embrassement. I submitted ticket to support and post my question in 5.0.6 bug report forum but I did not receive any feedback so far (right now it is Friday morning 11am EST)
I ahve two more shows this weekend. One on Saturday night and one on Sunday. I cannot afford cancelling more shows this week.

Can I get some help and support ASAP?

Roy responded to you at 3:53 this morning! See your answers in the Thread where you posted your problem:
Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Roy Dennis
March 23rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
I did answer your post in the 5.06 bugs report.
But now that you have explained it better and it just seems to be your audio that is playing up check this out:
From the top menu select Tools/Audio Control, in the dialog that appears check the Playlist Audio card window, is your windows default card showing there if not can you use the drop down arrow and select it.
If you have more than one audio card and have a search Audio card showing make sure they are not reversed. You need your windows default audio card showing in the top window.

If you still cant get the sound check out your windows control panel/sound/playback and make sure speakers are set to default devise.

Have you been using an HTMI lead to connect your monitor, if so this can alter your audio settings ?

Lonman
March 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Doesn't anybody use a backup computer - keeping a known working copy on it at all times?? Instead of losing money. Sorry just had to ask??

Skybird74
March 23rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Doesn't anybody use a backup computer - keeping a known working copy on it at all times?? Instead of losing money. Sorry just had to ask??

I don't carry a backup with me either, but he could have easily done a Restore & been back up & running in @30 min., so he could continue the Show. I had to replace wires once and customers were happy to wait rather than my cancelling the Show completely.

chatrobot
March 23rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
I fixed it myself.
I don't know exactly how I fix it.
But to answer the questions Bryan and Roy posted.
No, I have not change anything. This computer was purcahsed from MTU and was configured by MTU so I do not expect I need to change anything in Windows when I upgrade.
But I did check the setting mentioned in the windows upgrade required for 5.0.6 for example, energy plan set to High performance (in Windows 7), no scxreen saver and no system sound to play. They are all set correctly last night when I was struggling to find out what went wrong.
However, this monring I was looking around again hoping to unsolve the mystery, I noticed that windows cannot find my energy plan anymore (the only differences I can tell from last night to this morning is that this morning I did not plug in to AC and use battery). So I reset enenry plan to High performance. I then open Hoster but still there is no sound. I happen to open sound voulmen icon and click on "mixer" link and I noticed that with Hoster open there is one setting for Hoster sound level in the mixer windows. The Hoster sounds setting is turn all the way down. So I move the sound level up and sound start playing in Hoster.

So, as I said, I don't know why the energy plan setting was lost this morning and it seems the key is to Open Hoster and check the Mixer setting for sound.

There is no effect of playing with audio drop off setting. I change it from 0 to 20 when I was struggling to diagnostic and there is no help.

Anyway, I am back to business again and thank you for your respond.

To answer Roy's questions in specific. No I don't use HDMI connection.

chatrobot
March 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM

To answer this question... no, I don't carry a backup with me. There are enough equipment I need to carry for the show. As I said in my original post, the software was working fine before the show and even work one song in the show before this mystery problem occurs.

However, I agree with you from this lesson I think I am going to keep a backup handy. (I do have a backup system but I did not bring it up to date for the song collection I have)

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

chatrobot
March 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
:eMTU Support Stated:

I have not seen any ticket from you at all. I just searched on your email at rcn, and do not show any new tickets you placed.

As to your issue, can you tell me do you have all of the Windows Updates installed on your computer? Did you do these changes, they were changed on March 13? http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm

What type of songs are you playing when this happens? Are they .mp3+g, .zip, .kma, .kmh, .bin?

Do these items first, then if this still does not work, please put an Emergency Ticket in here http://www.mtu.com/support/how-to-move-registration.htm
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
Bryan, MTU

Support said there is no ticket...
I receive confirmation from MTU about the ticket I submitted last night
here is the email:

Ticket: [34056-222​2032348]
Inboxx

11:17 PM (17 hours ago)
to me

Your ticket at MTU.com has been received and assigned ID: 34056-2222032348
------------------------
We respond in the order received, normally 24 hours Monday to Friday, but it may take longer, especially over holidays.
------------------------
IMPORTANT! Do NOT submit another ticket. To add to or view the ticket contents, click this link https://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?action=ticket&h=884a03a010f82c2caba4b9238b78e21d&id=34056-2222032348
If clicking this link does not work, copy and paste the entire link text into your Broswer address field, and press Enter.
------------------------
Click this link to download current release versions: http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm#Downloads
Prior versions are not available.
------------------------
You may find your answer in these articles:

<!-- / sig -->

Skybird74
March 23rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
I don't carry a backup with me either, but he could have easily done a Restore & been back up & running in @30 min., so he could continue the Show. I had to replace wires once and customers were happy to wait rather than my cancelling the Show completely.

Thought I'd correct myself.... Obviously a restore would not have solved his problem of audio working & then not working.
Gosh, don't you just hate those Gremlins:t:r:g

admin
April 7th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Support said there is no ticket...
I receive confirmation from MTU about the ticket I submitted last night
here is the email:

Ticket: [34056-222​2032348]
Inboxx

11:17 PM (17 hours ago)
to me

Your ticket at MTU.com has been received and assigned ID: 34056-2222032348
Thank you for posting this. Once before, soon after an update to it, our "Help Ticket" script on mtu.com hid a number of Tickets from us. We will track down your ticket number and find it.

Bryan is working very hard to isolate how the audio is getting shut off. Once he can identify and duplicate the problem, we will fix it and probably do a quick release without a lot of other changes in it.

We realize the need for a stable program to run your shows.

In case you missed my post elsewhere, 5.06 released on March 15. By April 3 or 4 we had 900 who had already installed 5.06 and were running it. Only 16 are reporting problems, which gives a 98.2% success rate. That is one of the highest rates we have seen for such a massive upgrade as we did in 5.06.

With that few users with problems, it is hard to get enough facts to identify what the cause is. Historically, one person will give a new fact that helps us identify exactly what to fix.

Believe me, we ARE working hard on fixing this audio silence problem.

Roy Dennis
May 26th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Closing this thread as 5.07 rectified these problems.