PDA

View Full Version : Vogone isn't working for me

karen_ptl
July 9th, 2002, 05:45 PM
As I've seen others post on here. I feel like the demo's on the site were very deceiving. I haven't been able to get vocals on ANY songs to reduce enough to use them. And they are NOTHING like the demo's on the site. I feel like I've been ripped off.
I also bought Keyrite and other than -1 or +1, the music starts sounding distorted if you try to change the key farther. Again, I'm very disappointed and feel cheated.
If the Administrators Feel that I may be doing something wrong, I just happen to live in the very next town, and I will be more than happy to bring in MY songs to be shown what I'm doing wrong. I sincerely hope it IS something I'm doing wrong, otherwise I've wasted all this money for NOTHING.:? :f
I hope to get a reply. I really was looking forward to using this product.

bassn99
July 12th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Karen,
As I have found (as well as others) the older the groups the better your chances of getting the vocal removed. The newer cd's are almost all center panned and will just not reduce enough to be able to use. I have just finished a whole cd of "The Guess Who" and reduced every song on the cd with great success.
All I can tell you is to keep looking for songs that will work.
Also, you might want to take a look a some of the posts in the KHP section regarding midi files.

Jerry

MTUSUPPORT
July 12th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Karen,
Will you please do the following and email it to me:

The DXDIAG.exe program can tell our tech support staff many things about your computer hardware and software. If we ask you to run the DXDIAG program and email the results file to support@mtu.com, follow these steps:

1. Click the <b>Start Menu and the Run command</b>
2. Type in <b>DXDIAG</b> and click the OK Button
3. This will open the DirectX DIAGnostic program that will gather and show your computer data
4. Once the information is collected, click the <b>Save all Information</b> button at the bottom
5. A <b>Save as</b> dialog box will appear
6. Change the <b>Save in</b> directory to C:\My Documents
7. Change the filename to <b>dxdiag from Yourfirst Lastname (example: dxdiag from Joe Smith)</b>
8. You can download a free upgrade from Microsoft at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=27741

Email this file as an attachment to support@mtu.com.

nashjar
October 26th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Good luck! I emailed a support request to support@mtu.com on September 5, 2002 at 7:55 PM and have yet to receive a reply, acknowledgement or anything! I have paid for the full suite, and expect some level of support from MTU, but they have completely ignored my requests for support on this board, and my direct email.

wb6bna
October 30th, 2002, 03:39 PM
I have been having troubles with vogone ever since I purchased it. I sent my directx diag via email to Bryan Cox a long time ago and have yet to receive any reply. I also have many troubles with Keyrite 2.104 and haven't heard anything from MTU Support as of yet either

CharlieNg
November 1st, 2002, 11:11 AM
Karen, you are right. I think they should have a demo version for us to test it before we purchase vogone. This is a rippped off.

Misschiff
November 2nd, 2002, 12:37 AM
I agree with many others here... I am not satisfied with Vogone. Who want's to sing old songs anyway? Well maybe some of them, but there are many songs that I wanted to work with and this software just isn't cutting it.

I'm not sure what I want to do at this point... probably rty a few more CDs, then I'll be in touch with MTU .. or back on this board!

Glad to hear some of you are doing better than others, but vocal elimination software hasn't really gotton much better over the years -- easier maybe, but not much better.

A demo of this software would have been especially helpful.

kjzone
November 2nd, 2002, 10:02 PM
The Vogone 2 will work very well under certain conditions....

1. YOU SHOULD HAVE AN 800MhZ CPU...SEE THE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS.

2. THE SONG YOU ARE TRYING TO "REDUCE" THE VOCAL FROM MUST BE A 44,100Hz, 16 BIT, "WAVE FILE" IF THE VOCALIST WAS "CENTER PANNED" VOCAL REDUCTION IS INCREASED.

3. STEREO RECORDINGS WERE NOT EVEN AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC UNTIL THE LATE 1950's. A FEW ARTISTS, HAD ACCESS TO STEREO RECORDINGS IN 1955, BUT THESE ARE FEW.

4. THEREFORE, ANY RECORDINGS MADE BEFORE 1955 WILL BE "MONO" AND THERE IS NO HOPE OF REMOVING THE VOCAL.

5. DIGITALLY "RE-MASTERED" CD'S BEFORE 1955 MAY SOUND LIKE STEREO, BUT THEY ARE NOT. WHEN YOU RUN VOGONE EVERYTHING IS ERASED, VOCAL AND INSTRUMENTAL...

6. THE EARLY "STEREO" RECORDINGS DID NOT USE A LOT OF RE-VERB (AND THIS IS GOOD) YOU WILL HAVE BETTER SUCCESS WITH THESE RECORDINGS.

7. THE RE-VERB IS "OUT OF PHASE" AND THIS IS ONE REASON, THE MORE RE-VERB, THE MORE DISTORTION AND LESS VOCAL THAT WILL BE REMOVED.

8. THERE ARE SEVERAL PAPERS ON THE SUBJECT OF HOW TO CANCEL AND REDUCE RE-VERB ON THE INTERNET AND I HAVE DIRECTED MTU TO THOSE PAPERS. BASICALLY AN ALGORITHM HAS TO BE WRITTEEN TO DO THIS AND SEVERAL MAJOR COMPANIES THAT MAKE "SPEAKERPHONES" DESCRIBE HOW TO DO IT, IN SOME OF THEIR TECHICAL PAPERS.

9. THERE ARE NO "JERRY VALE" KARAOKE SONGS...I HAVE ONE CD OF HIS THAT SOUNDS LIKE STEREO, BUT IT IS MONO.

10. I HAVE ANOTHER CD OF HIS THAT 50% OF THE SONGS IN MONO, BUT THE OTHER 50% ARE STEREO AND I GET ABOUT A 90% VOCAL ELIMINATION....LUCKY....NOT A LOT OF RE-VERB.
BOTTOM LINE, I COULD ONLY MAKE 7 CD+G'S USING VOGONE AND KARAOKE HOME PRODUCER TO MAKE SOME JERRY VALE MUSIC.

11. YOUR BEST BET, AND I HAVE SEVERAL POSTS ON THIS IN THE KARAOKE HOME PRODUCER FORUM IS THE USE OF MIDI FILES, AS THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS ON THE INTERNET FOR DOWNLOAD, THE PROBLEM IS FINDING THEM AND LISTENING TO THEM FOR A GOOD ARRANGEMENT AND NOT AN ARRANGEMENT SOME GUY UPLOADED WITH HIS NEWLY ACQUIRED KEYBOARD.

12. THERE ARE A NUMBER OF MIDI SITES THAT HAVE FANTASTIC ARRANGEMENTS THAT SOUND AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL ARRANGEMENT AND ARE FREE TO DOWNLOAD, THERE ARE OTHER SITES YOU HAVE TO PAY A SMALL FEE FOR THE ARRANGEMENT AND THESE ARE "FIRST CLASS", THEY USUALLY HAVE A SMALL CLIP OF THE INSTRUMENTAL.

13. ONCE YOU HAVE THE MIDI FILE, TO GET THE TRUE QUALITY OF THE SOUND THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE INSTRUMENTS THE MUSICIAN USED IS TO RUN THE MIDI THROUGH A "SOUND MODULE", AN THESE ARE ABOUT $800, BRINGING IT BACK TO YOUR HARD DRIVE AS A "WAVE" FILE.

14. I HAVE POSTED IN THE KHPro FORUM AN EXCELLENT SUBSITUTE FOR THE "SOUND MODULE" AND THAT IS A SOFTWARE PROGRAM CALLED "VIRTUAL SOUND CANVAS" MARKETED BY EDITOL, A DIVISION OF ROLAND (WHO MAKES INSTRUMENTS AND SOUND MODULES) YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PEOPLE WHO GOT IT, THEY LOVE IT AND THE SOUND IS FANTASTIC. PROGRAM ABOUT $49.00.

15. WITH THE MIDI FILES, YOU DON'T HAVE ANY VOCAL TO REMOVE.

16. KEEP ALL OF THE ABOVE THINGS IN MIND WHEN TRYING TO REMOVE A VOCAL, WITH VOGONE PROGRAM.....WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE RIGHT, THE VOGONE PROGRAM WILL GO A VERY GOOD JOB.

MTUSUPPORT
November 4th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Nashjar,
You have received my email back to you right? Did you do as I said? Also, I posted the email in the forum where all of your posts were on how to use the Vogone Software. The rest of you should also take a look at this and then try it to see if it will help on Vogone.

This post is located at: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=1372&perpage=10&pagenumber=3

It is the very last post located on the 3rd page. Please give this a shot and see what happens.

Also if you are trying to convert any files such as .mp3 or .wma files that have been downloaded and then converted back to a .wav file, this will not work. You will have very little results reducing the vocals. To get the best results you must use the original CD, import the song file into the computer from the CD as a .wav file and then use Vogone to reduce the vocals on it.

The data compression processing done by MP3 or WMA removes some of the audio information necessary to do a good vocal reduction.