PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Song Books

MackieRocks
January 4th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but here goes. Is anyone currently using electronic songbook displays or looking into the possibilties of using such mediums? If so, what have you found?

ddouglass
January 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but here goes. Is anyone currently using electronic songbook displays or looking into the possibilties of using such mediums? If so, what have you found?
Your right. This is not the place to ask this. I am going to move this to the Singers and Hosts Wisdom section.

Lonman
January 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Since we really aren't supposed to discuss products not associated with MTU, I PM'd you.
I'm hoping MTU comes up with a kiosk system for Hoster though!

WaltR
July 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I would be interested in options as well. I spent the better part of the day recently just organizing and printing a "latest additions" section to my songbooks. It really involves a great deal of time and expense doing songbooks.

Walt

Rockrz
May 17th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Why not just load an Excel Spreadsheet on to a cheap tablet?

That way, nuthin fancy is needed... just two spreadsheets,
one by Artist and one by Song.

Lonman
May 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
I just use my phone apps along side my hard books. But honestly most people that come to my shows (new & young alike) actually enjoy looking in the books, they tell me it's nice to be able to sit and peruse without having to think of something on the spot - 9 out of 10 times picking the same songs they normally sing. With the books, they can sit and look & often they'll Youtube the new song they find to listen to the original, on their phone and then try it on stage a little later.