PDA

View Full Version : Computer setup before installing hoster.

WaltR
December 9th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I just helped a friend purchase Hoster 5.04 and install it on his new laptop. I thought I would mention that the pre-installation steps that MTU states should be done are not completely accurate for Window 7 and also I found the steps were not completely accurate for Vista either. I was able to work around the confusion on a few of the steps but I am not completly computer stupid (all though I am close). My friend would have never completed going through some of these steps if I hadn't been there. Some of the steps don't take you to certain areas to make the recommended changes as stated. I would recommend that MTU revist and update and clarify some of these steps as they apply to the different operationg systems.

Walt

MackieRocks
December 9th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with WaltR!

MTUSUPPORT
December 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Can you tell me which changes do not make sense? I went through these items on my Windows 7 system and they are all in the correct locations/steps.

WaltR
December 28th, 2011, 06:27 AM
Can you tell me which changes do not make sense? I went through these items on my Windows 7 system and they are all in the correct locations/steps.

I didn't make note of them. Give me a few days and I will go over them with my friends computer (Windows 7) and get back to you. I'll also do the same for Vista.

Walt