PDA

View Full Version : Slow Importing discs?

44pirate
November 11th, 2011, 09:28 AM
All of a sudden it taking over 10 min to import discs. Anyone have any suggestions?

Roy Dennis
November 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
All of a sudden it taking over 10 min to import discs. Anyone have any suggestions?
Did this just start after updating Hoster or some other program or after installing any new software. ?
In other words has something changed on your computer ?

Someone else who had this problem found that if you hold the mouse button on the header bar of the import screen it goes like lightning.
Might be worth a try.

44pirate
November 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Did this just start after updating Hoster or some other program or after installing any new software. ?
In other words has something changed on your computer ?

Someone else who had this problem found that if you hold the mouse button on the header bar of the import screen it goes like lightning.
Might be worth a try.
WOW holding the mouse button makes it go like lightning. No I haven't installed any software or made any changes.
Thanks for the help.:g

JonPyle
November 12th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I'm having slow importing using singers discs. It's taking from a minute to a minute and a half. Any suggestions? Also if I'm importing the singers clock stops durning that time, and if the song ends it won't change to the next song. I have to cancel the importing, to get things moving agian.:m

Roy Dennis
November 12th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I'm having slow importing using singers discs. It's taking from a minute to a minute and a half. Any suggestions? Also if I'm importing the singers clock stops durning that time, and if the song ends it won't change to the next song. I have to cancel the importing, to get things moving agian.:m
From my own exsperience 1 min is about average if importing while a song is playing. If I import only while the background audio is playing I find it greatly speeds it up to 30 seconds or less. So in the time it takes the next singer to be ready it's done.:)

Beavis
November 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Something is wrong with the software. I changed out my cd drive with a brand new one and it didn't make any difference.

RIKKI TIKKI
November 13th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Jon,

This is typical when loading singer's disc on the fly... all of your noted functions will hold during playing of song and downloading of singer's disc simultaneously... Some use a separate player to play singer's discs so the source computer is not over taxed, which has caused glitches and out of sync issues... Like Roy, I usually wait for the longer songs to load a singer's disc request... my computer takes a little under a minute to download a typical lengthed song!:)

JonPyle
November 13th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Yea, I figured that out, it's just a pain. What really sucks is when someone gives you a not so good disc and your hoping it imports in time, and there's no clock to show you how much time is left for the singer...

ddouglass
November 14th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Yea, I figured that out, it's just a pain. What really sucks is when someone gives you a not so good disc and your hoping it imports in time, and there's no clock to show you how much time is left for the singer...
Unfortunately dirty scratched discs do take longer to finish as Hoster uses a multilevel error correction to try to get the best download. So if an import runs past the singer then just make some announcements for the establishment just to fill in the time while it finishes.
And there is a clock to show time left for a singer. The time column in the playlist entry counts down as the song is playing, so you can judge it from that.

RIKKI TIKKI
November 14th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately dirty scratched discs do take longer to finish as Hoster uses a multilevel error correction to try to get the best download. So if an import runs past the singer then just make some announcements for the establishment just to fill in the time while it finishes.
And there is a clock to show time left for a singer. The time column in the playlist entry counts down as the song is playing, so you can judge it from that.
Dale,

Does your clock countdown while loading a singer's disc song on the fly, and using the same source computer for both operations ie. while another playlist song is playing? Mine freezes until the singer disc song is fully loaded and shows READY!

Roy Dennis
November 14th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Dale,

Does your clock countdown while loading a singer's disc song on the fly, and using the same source computer for both operations ie. while another playlist song is playing? Mine freezes until the singer disc song is fully loaded and shows READY!
So does mine.

ddouglass
November 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Dale,

I don't know because we use a separate player for those.:s The system I am using is now about 6 years old, though it has plenty of memory and no other programs loaded. It works fine except for importing and I know it is probably a drive age/disc problem. So for that reason we use an external player for those.
I haven't tried it on my test computers yet, but I'll take your word for it, though I am not sure why it would stop the countdown. Clock functions are usually an isolated/independent process.

Musicman51
November 17th, 2011, 12:54 AM
So if an import runs past the singer then just make some announcements for the establishment just to fill in the time while it finishes.

Dale, this is called "A Professional Entertainer" :w