PDA

View Full Version : Vogone 2 Performance

David Winter
June 26th, 2002, 02:53 PM
I bought the suite of software and it is pretty good except for
Vogone2. I can't remove vocals satisfactorily from any soundtrack
that I've tried it with, which makes the rest of the software pretty
useless. I think the demo tracks on the web-site are misleading.

admin
June 26th, 2002, 11:21 PM
David,
Each person has a different expectation of vocal reduction/elimination. Vogone 2 is the most advanced product on the market that we, and our users, are aware of.

I don't believe Vogone is the problem. You should also read our Vogone testimonials (http://www.mtu.com/testimonials/vocal-eliminator-users.htm) to see what results others are getting.

If you are getting no results at all, there is something wrong.

1. What is the processor speed you are running (350MHz, 700MHz, 1.6GHz, etc.)?

2. What type of speakers do you have connected to your computer?

3. What audio card are you using in your computer?

All these can affect how Vogone performs. If your audio card and speakers are poor quality, you won't be able to hear the frequencies to adjust.

I am not aware of a song where the controls won't have any effect at all. Since you haven't given us anything to go on in the way of facts, we can't help diagnose your problem yet. If you want our help, tell us what you are hearing and doing. :w

karen_ptl
July 9th, 2002, 04:43 PM
:? I have to say that for the most part, I agree with the poster. yes, vogone lessens the vocals somewhat, but it is NOTHING like the demo's on the site. I haven't been able to even get anything lessoned enough to be able to use as a sound track.

The Demo's on the site are VERY misleading and I have found this whole program to be useless for what I needed it for, therefore, a waste of money to me. I also bought keyrite and after changing the key more than -1 or +1, the music is distorted, so again, it is useless to me and a waste of my money as well.

If you think I'm wrong, I just happen to live in the next town and I would be more than happy to bring MY CD(s) to you and let YOU see if you can take the vocals out. I really DO hope that it's something I'm doing wrong, otherwise, I wasted ALOT of money for nothing.

mturacebannon
July 11th, 2002, 07:32 PM
If I can come to the defense and explain something. I too own Vogone (ver 2.104). I have been very pleased with many of the songs I've processed through it. On the other hand, I've been disappointed with other songs (that I really wanted to work).

I found that the songs originally recorded in the 60's work the best. Vogone takes out the lead vocal, leaves in the background singers, and leaves most (if not all the music). The artists I used are Tom Jones (Golden Hits CD) and The Guess Who (the song 'Undun')

Moving forward to the 70's & 80's, I found this to be true but to a lesser degree. Meaning that most of the lead vocals are taken out, the background singers are reduced in volume, and some more of the music is removed. The artists I refer to are Styx & Loverboy.

However, this is not an across the board statement. Other songs from the same albums (or CDs) do not work at all or leave so much of the lead singer in that it is not worth it. And other entire CDs do not work at all (Pat Benatar's Crime of Passion).

As for the demo's, when I originally listened to them (several months ago when I was deciding whether to buy MTU's software) some of 'vocally reduced tracks' were almost untouched. But most of them reduced very well. It would appear those demo's have changed since then.

Since I had already used a karaoke (Pioneer) machine (years before) in attempting to remove vocals, I found that some songs worked and others didn't. Having had that experience, I accepted the fact that some songs would work well and others wouldn't work at all w/ Vogone.

When I bought Vogone, I knew I was taking a chance that the songs I wanted to process wouldn't work. Perhaps I just got 'lucky' with my song selections.

Perhaps it is your computer/hardware setup or the songs you're using. I recommend supplying MTU support w/ the specifics about your setup and songs and perhaps they can determine an answer.

Anyway, that's my two-cents worth of experience/suggestion.

Mark

karen_ptl
July 15th, 2002, 09:46 AM
I have access to 3 computers and have tried them ALL! The one I use most is a DELL Pentium $ that is fully Loaded. The best that Dell sales.
The demos on the site are VERY up to date songs.
I don't have any songs I want to use from the 60, 70 or 80's.
This was not being used for Karaoke, it is being used as sound tracks for a gospel group. However, the tracks would work the same for us, as they would work for karaoke, if I could just get the vocals reduced enough to be in the background.
So again, I feel like I was ripped off. I was depending on at least "some" of what I wanted to use to sound at Least "close" to the demos on the site, even if they weren't as good.
This is not the case:m

tinman
July 15th, 2002, 07:53 PM
On some it will work on some it wont.. If I can I use a midi file or trust my old sony cd player with the vocal eliminator to work..... vogone could actually split the tracks all up as in midi we wouldnt be talking bout it here.. PS I must say I am not happy with vogone but everthing else has worked very well.

I did an old gene watson song and it came out great. but making the words line up.. thats another story...:t :t :t :t :t
t
i
n
m
a
n
:c

Klaus Walser
July 25th, 2002, 10:01 AM
I'm using Vogone to eleminate vocals from different types of music.

The result of vocal elemination depends extremely from the amount of the origin vocal quality.

I have no music where the result of vocal elimination is like your demo tracks.

I have music from some jazz singers with less hall and good center pitched vocals (means no stereo vocals). The result is ok. For example "Hold On" from BB King/Joe Sample.

I have absolute contrary results with singers who use much hall and some stereo mixed vocal sound. It's impossible to get about rid of these vocals with vogone. For example "Do nothing till you hear from me" Robby Williams in Royal Albert Hall and Gary Barlows "Forever love" and a lot others.

You get worst results with MP3 Files as source file. What you get is absolutely disappointing.

So this software is not usable for eliminating all vocals from all type of music.

good luck

klaus

swaseysd
August 8th, 2002, 02:57 PM
I ordered the karaoke suite last night, downloaded and installed Microstudio 2.315, Karaoke Home Producer 3.100, Vogone 2.104 and Keyrite 1.202. I must admit that what prompted me to purchase this suite was not the Microstudio or Karaoke Home Producer software demos that I had previously downloaded, but the demo songclips purporting to be using Vogone to remove the lead vocals.

One of the artists from the 60's whose songs I absolutely love to sing is Percy Sledge. I have just about every song that Percy Sledge has ever recorded, even the remakes he did in the 80's. So far, I've tried using Vogone 2.104 to reduce the vocals on 13 different songs and I must say, I feel cheated. No matter what settings I try, this software just does not cut the mustard for me.

I have an AMD Athlon 1.3 Mhz PC with 640 MB of RAM. My sound card is a SoundBlaster PCI 128 which I have connected to a regular amplifier with home speakers, not multimedia speakers. I would have been so happy if the lead vocal was reduced to any degree where I could still hear the background music, but such was not the case. You either hear everything or almost nothing at all, including the background music.

Since I only purchased this suite for the sole purpose of reducing vocals from some of my Percy Sledge songs, adding lyrics and making my own CDGs, I feel violated and misled by the Vogone audio clips on the web site. I will try to obtain an original of those same three songs and use Vogone to see if the results are anywhere near what we hear in those clips.

Like they say, live and learn and pass it on.

Extremely disappointed in Dayton, Ohio

Steve D. Swasey

nashjar
October 26th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Well, I can remove the vocals using Vogone just while listening to the song, but it won't save with the vocals reduced. I have made numerous requests to MTU for assistance, and have yet to receive even an acknowlegement from them. I have made requests via this board, and also with a direct email to support@mtu.com. Avoidance? I am guessing they don't have an answer and so are ignoring me... MTU, please correct me if I am wrong, but I am getting very aggravated after trying to get support from you since the beginning of September!

ADMIN: When you click on the Write file button the new file is created in the directory on the hard drive that you selected.

If you click the Play button in Vogone it is going to play the original file, not the newly created file!

To play your new file in Vogone, you must click the Select Input File button, locate the new file you just created and open it, then it will play.

This was clearly a pilot error. We will change our manual to help prevent in the future.