PDA

View Full Version : Hoster Upgrade 432.03

Tela Harbold
February 26th, 2011, 11:16 AM
When I open Hoster I get the following message:

A new version is available as a free upgrade for you
Version 432.03 is now available, with these changes:
* The Import database has 407,116 DiscID-Track definitions.
PLEASE... if you upgrade between Monday-Friday, 10:00AM - 4:00PM EST we can help you.
Do NOT upgrade if you have a show within 3 days to insure you have time to get it running in the
event of any computer problems.
If you have not upgraded in 12 months, this upgrade is 70% discounted to $69.99.

At the bottom of the message are tabs for "Tell Me More", "Download Now" and "No, Thanks".

With the reg code on this computer I HAVE purchased an upgrade in the last twelve months. When I click on download, I save the upgrade and then run it. I choose to upgrade not remove. The install goes fine until it sends information to MTU. At this point it tells me that I already have Hoster installed on two computers. I am running this as an upgrade what could be stopping it? The reg code for this Hoster set up is installed on two computers but this IS one of those computers! Any suggestions before I contact MTU with a support tickets?:?

ddouglass
February 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
That kind of problem will need to be corrected by MTU. So go ahead and send in the support ticket.

Tela Harbold
February 26th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks! Will do.

admin
February 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
1. What are the last 5 characters of the RegCode you are using to try and install?

2. What is the MTU CPU Name of the computer you are trying to install on?
Run any current MTU program, click the Help menu > About... command and the CPU Name you entered is displayed.

I see 7 CPU Names in your Registration records. :r

Tela Harbold
February 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM
last 5 digits of the reg code is 00abc and the computer name is Karaoke. As for 7 computer names there are only two being used at this time. I purchased Hoster twice but I am currently only using the reg code that ends in 00abc which is the one that I bought the upgrade for. I have not upgraded my other reg code because I have not been using it. I have had computers to crash in the past and purchased new ones which is why there are so many computer names. I don't even remember the names of the computers I used my other reg code on I no longer have them only the two I am using this reg code on.

admin
February 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
last 5 digits of the reg code is 00abc and the computer name is Karaoke. As for 7 computer names there are only two being used at this time. I purchased Hoster twice but I am currently only using the reg code that ends in 00abc which is the one that I bought the upgrade for. I have not upgraded my other reg code because I have not been using it. I have had computers to crash in the past and purchased new ones which is why there are so many computer names. I don't even remember the names of the computers I used my other reg code on I no longer have them only the two I am using this reg code on.
Tela, I see no reason that you cannot do an UPGRADE with that RegCode on the CPU named "Karaoke". Version 432.11 is installed, but should allow upgrading. Please try to install again and post here what happens.

I'll have to let MTUSUPPORT handle this tomorrow morning. I'm sending him a link to this Thread. Can I assume you submitted a Ticket also? If not, please do so.

There could be a problem with our web script that registers Hoster. It will take a programmer to solve this problem, but we will solve it by noon tomorrow, or we will clear your RegRecord so you can install 432.03. We'll know what is wrong by then. :w

I am sorry this has happened to you, but as we are approaching releasing Hoster 5.00, we want to make sure EVERYTHING is working correctly. :s

Tela Harbold
February 27th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Yes, I did submit a support ticket and did not expect to hear anything until at least Monday so thanks for the responses. I will wait to hear from support.:)

I did try to reinstall 432.03 with the same thing still happening so no luck there. Thanks for trying to help.

domitch
March 10th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I just purchased the upgrade and I am having the same problem.

Tela Harbold
March 11th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I just purchased the upgrade and I am having the same problem.

Support sent me a message saying that it should now work. I re-downloaded and installed, everything is working great. Did you submit a ticket to support?

DiggerWertz
April 6th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem I filled out a support ticket early Monday afternoon. As of 10pm Wednesday night, they have not even viewed it.

ddouglass
April 6th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I have the same problem I filled out a support ticket early Monday afternoon. As of 10pm Wednesday night, they have not even viewed it.
They take the tickets in the order they get them. If there was a large number from the weekend then they may not have gotten to yours yet.

domitch
April 7th, 2011, 12:55 AM
After waiting several days for support, I called the lady in sales and she corrected the problem while I was on the phone.

DiggerWertz
April 7th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Dale,
I have been using MTU products since version 1.0 and have never had a problem with support untill lately. I even tried to call several times (long distance) and both sales and support go to the answering machine. Also, the chat service has seems to have disappeared. Very frustrating. I know this is not the forum for this but it seems nobody else is listening.

admin
April 8th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Last weekend, our "new" MTU Office server (not mtu.com) hard drive crashed. We didn't loose data that was on the external drive, but we are having a very hard time re-establishing all our programs that we need daily.

MTUSUPPORT (Bryan) has been on this almost 100% all week. Some of the programs we use don't work with the new Win 7 Service Pack 1 that just came out. This was automatically downloaded to our new Windows 7 installation on the new "C" hard drive. :r

Lynne, our sales lady, is having an operation today at 10:30am to correct a problem that has slowed her down, requiring bed rest some each day. I've been up with her since 3AM.

Her computer went on the fritz so she has not been on Chat at the scheduled times most of this week. We hoped to get it fixed sooner, but Bryan has been focused on the Server.

The rest of us are working day and night on polishing the final features and squashing bugs in Hoster 5.00. After helping Lynne this morning, I'm doing a quick shot at the Forums, then back on the 5.00 Manual.

Please note... phones are our lowest support, and have been for years now. Phone calls and left messages are undocumented and interrupt our schedules and scare time. Lynne has been answering calls at least 4-6 hours a day this week, often taking support calls too.

Our Support Ticket system is our primary support. That allows us to keep the documented Tickets open until we can get to them, and nothing gets lost. We try to make this clear on our web site.

Diggerwertz, I apologize to you and everyone who is experiencing poor service from MTU. It is rare that both our support and sales are out of whack at the same time.

We hope to return to normal by mid to late next week, depending on the server going back to full use.

xxyzz
April 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I also get the message telling me the upgrade is available. After downloading it, it will not install. It does not even start to install like the previous users have mentioned. It does not do anything.

ddouglass
April 11th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I also get the message telling me the upgrade is available. After downloading it, it will not install. It does not even start to install like the previous users have mentioned. It does not do anything.
If the upgrade will not even start to install then you probably got a bad download. Try downloading it again from MTU and see if it will at least try to install.

xxyzz
April 15th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Tried re-downloading and installing. Nothing happens. File size was only 872 kb. I then deleted the file and re-downloaded. Tried several times kept coming up as zero bytes. After 5 tries I got the full download (I think) 15,298 KB. However it will not install either. Hour glass comes on for a second or so then goes away. Nothing else happens.

Dell XPS 17 (brand new)
Windows 7
4gb Ram
64 bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB

xxyzz
April 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I believe I have solved my own problem. Hoster requires you to have Hoster closed for it to upgrade however during the downloading process Hoster must be open, then to install you have to close Hoster. I was closing Hoster during the download and that is why I was not getting the complete download I think. After doing it this why, the upgrade install just fine.:)

P.S.

CORRECT FILE SIZE IS

ddouglass
April 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Actually Hoster does not have to be open when you download. If it is from the automatic upgrade then once the download starts you can close Hoster. And as always you should save the download and not run directly from the download.
You can also just go to the download section of the web page and download from the upgrade from there without Hoster being open at all.
Glad you got it installed.