PDA

View Full Version : Status = 3 or 2

stublack
March 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I was playing around with adding mp3 audio songs. I added one CD that I had loaded to a folder. When I deleted them in Tools Edit I inadvertently did not get rid of all of them.

I since deleted the folder.

When I tried to delete those 4 songs on Tools Edit I could not delete
Status = 3. It also said the folder path did not exist.

I recreated the folder and added the songs back into that folder and then
tried to delete them and got a Status = 2 with no explanation.

I looked in the manual and did not find a solution, any ideas.

Thanks Stu

Roy Dennis
March 8th, 2010, 05:09 PM
rebuild your songs database making sure that the offending folder is not listed in the rebuild list.

Roy.

stublack
March 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
I tried that it just rebuilds the karaoke songs not the audio songs???

ddouglass
March 8th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Which version of Hoster?

Roy Dennis
March 8th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I tried that it just rebuilds the karaoke songs not the audio songs???
I thought you were trying to delete the audio files, Sorry. Not quit sure what it is you are trying to do.
Roy

stublack
March 10th, 2010, 10:24 AM

ddouglass
March 10th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Did you have more than just the one folder of Audio songs imported?
I am a bit confused.
Rebuild only reconstructs the database from whatever folders you have listed in the utility that have KMA or KMH files in it. If you have other Audio you have imported with this version then those folders where you imported from have to be listed there in order to for the utility to add the KMH files in them to the database. The KMH files are not placed in your KMA folder, but stay with the original Audio files.

stublack
March 10th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I need to bone up on this a little more to understand

thanks for your help

bryant
March 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Did you have more than just the one folder of Audio songs imported?
I am a bit confused.
Rebuild only reconstructs the database from whatever folders you have listed in the utility that have KMA or KMH files in it. If you have other Audio you have imported with this version then those folders where you imported from have to be listed there in order to for the utility to add the KMH files in them to the database. The KMH files are not placed in your KMA folder, but stay with the original Audio files.

My question here Dale (as I haven't done a lot of new zips yet in my show machine) is when I place my new zips in my original KMA folder with all the old kma's there; and then import those newly added zips, will I have to rebuild the database again, or will the database already be taken care of, as before in the old way (importing zips to kma did NOT require a rebuild).

marklwood
March 10th, 2010, 11:40 AM
My question here Dale (as I haven't done a lot of new zips yet in my show machine) is when I place my new zips in my original KMA folder with all the old kma's there; and then import those newly added zips, will I have to rebuild the database again, or will the database already be taken care of, as before in the old way (importing zips to kma did NOT require a rebuild).

No rebuild necessary as long as you don't move the Zip file.

bryant
March 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM

Then can I just simply import the zip files (creating its correspondent kmh file) on the flash drive they exist originally, then copy both sets from there to kma folder w/o rebuilding?

ddouglass
March 10th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Then can I just simply import the zip files (creating its correspondent kmh file) on the flash drive they exist originally, then copy both sets from there to kma folder w/o rebuilding?
If you move - rebuild.

marklwood
March 10th, 2010, 11:59 AM
If you move - rebuild.

If you rebuild it, they will sing.

stublack
March 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Thanks for your help, this has been fixed.

MimiLee
July 2nd, 2010, 09:27 PM
I am getting the message: Unable to delete file wxyz.zip.kmh status = 2. I am trying to delete some kmh files. I was deleting 2 full discs. One went smoothly the other gave the error message.

I did a search for status = 2 because of the error and am reviving this thread from March 2010.

Thanks for any input.

ddouglass
July 3rd, 2010, 03:21 AM
Check the folder where that disks files are located to see if the kmh files along with the zip files are there. Sounds like the kmh files are not there or the zip files are not. If no KMH files are there and the zip files are, then you should be able to rebuild the database and fix this (disc's songs will no longer be in the Hoster list.)

MimiLee
July 8th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Rebuilding the database did work. Thanks.