PDA

View Full Version : BOSE L1 PAS double bass system

BooBoo
August 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Model ! PAS double bass system for sale. It hasn't been used much since the bar installed a house system. Even then, only uised it a few times in the bar. I used it a few weeks ago for a private show and it, again, performed flawlessly. I simply do not do enough shows in the size range of the PAS and will be passing it along. It has a few scuffs (that may even buff out) on the base but otherwise is in great shape. I can send pics to anyone interested.

No haggle $1500 plus actual shipping for you guys for a short time, but they go for much more on ebay.

mindonstrike
August 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM
Awsome deal.
I've got 2 and would love to add a third, unfortunately now isn't a good time.

Good luck.
Sam

ddouglass
August 31st, 2009, 01:04 AM
Is this a Model I or Model II?

BooBoo
August 31st, 2009, 07:00 AM
DD,
It's a model I, The original covers, and original boxes.

bryant
August 31st, 2009, 11:25 AM
DD,
It's a model I, The original covers, and original boxes.

What's the "blue-book" value for this unit at their age and use and condition, would you guess?

BooBoo
August 31st, 2009, 11:55 AM
Last time I checked, which has been a few months or more, the going price for a double base model I on ebay went for around $1900. I bought mine new as a single bass for $2100, then added the second later for $400 (I think).
I may go out and see what ebay is "saying" as of late... My guess is you can't touch a model I double for under $1800.

RIKKI TIKKI
August 31st, 2009, 01:12 PM
Last time I checked, which has been a few months or more, the going price for a double base model I on ebay went for around $1900. I bought mine new as a single bass for $2100, then added the second later for $400 (I think).
I may go out and see what ebay is "saying" as of late... My guess is you can't touch a model I double for under $1800.
I've been checking on adding a second Bose Pas system, so I'm pretty current on their pricing.

Currently you can buy a L1 Model I Double Base (New) for $2000 from Bose.com (Dealer/Guitar Center Outlet), because they throw in 1 Base Module for FREE if purchased prior to Sept 30th... each Base Module is worth $300 New... If you have a T1 Tone Match( Audio Engine), it's worth $500 new, and I would highly recommend it!

BooBoo
August 31st, 2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks! You mean they are reproducing the model I again? I thought they discontinued it when they came out with the model II. They came out with that tone engine for model II, if I recall properly. The presets built into the model I inputs one and two are pretty sweet as is..

RIKKI TIKKI
August 31st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks! You mean they are reproducing the model I again? I thought they discontinued it when they came out with the model II. They came out with that tone engine for model II, if I recall properly. The presets built into the model I inputs one and two are pretty sweet as is..Whether it's still being manufactured, I don't know... could be surplus, and they are still trying to phase it out... the Guitar Center where I last looked, only had the Model II on display, but would drop ship the Model I, if I ordered that one! The T1 can be adapted to the Model I using their Tone Match Power Cable... the Model II doesn't require this extra power cable...

BooBoo
August 31st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Just visited the Bose site and they are now showing it as a current product once again. They also have some new "light" version. Price is pretty close to when I got mine, aside for the free Bass offer.

My guess is they are trying to cover a wider range and the model I (mid range) must still be asked for quite a bit.

Anyway, I have a good one if ya want to save some $$$.

RIKKI TIKKI
August 31st, 2009, 02:03 PM
Just visited the Bose site and they are now showing it as a current product once again. They also have some new "light" version. Price is pretty close to when I got mine, aside for the free Bass offer.

My guess is they are trying to cover a wider range and the model I (mid range) must still be asked for quite a bit.

Anyway, I have a good one if ya want to save some $$$.Your price is fair... but I'm looking to add a Model II with the Tone Match at this time... I've been using the Model I Classic for about 4 yrs, and am impressed with the added capabilities of the newer Model II / Tone Match combination ( Presets, speaker array, weight, etc. ), so once my bank account can justify it, I'll be goin' that route... I can testify for you, that this Bose system hasn't let me down in the 4 years that I've been using it, and everyone is amazed at the amount ( and Quality ) of sound that the Bose Pas system imparts! Good Luck...

BooBoo
August 31st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ahh sorry, thought you were looking at the model I. It really does have a crisp clean sound that carries like no other.

g/l on your hunt and thanks for the help..

bryant
August 31st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Model ! PAS double bass system for sale. It hasn't been used much since the bar installed a house system. Even then, only uised it a few times in the bar. I used it a few weeks ago for a private show and it, again, performed flawlessly. I simply do not do enough shows in the size range of the PAS and will be passing it along. It has a few scuffs (that may even buff out) on the base but otherwise is in great shape. I can send pics to anyone interested.

No haggle $1500 plus actual shipping for you guys for a short time, but they go for much more on ebay.

Can you email me a picture at bryantp@roadrunner.com

BooBoo
August 31st, 2009, 03:29 PM
You got it. I'll set it up tonight and get some pics. I'll look it over really well and focus some pics on anything that you would need to know.