PDA

View Full Version : InstaButtons

JNS02
June 17th, 2009, 10:19 AM
In previous versions of Hoster I could completely remove an InstaButton by erasing all info on the insta button setup screen if I wasn't going to use it anymore and just uncheck the ones I wasn't using right then (ie: Seasonal buttons) so I wouldn't have to set them up again. Now (4.09c) I can not completely remove settings (can not remove file path). I use this to keep my list organized. It is not a big deal, I was just wondering.

Everything else is running GREAT. I do know that MTU suggests that I upgrade to at least 3gig of ram now for running Vista. I work around any slow down or freeze problems (don't add Singer CD's toward end of a song playing or I can't do anything until it completes) until I can get this upgraded.

ddouglass
June 17th, 2009, 11:17 AM
In previous versions of Hoster I could completely remove an InstaButton by erasing all info on the insta button setup screen if I wasn't going to use it anymore and just uncheck the ones I wasn't using right then (ie: Seasonal buttons) so I wouldn't have to set them up again. Now (4.09c) I can not completely remove settings (can not remove file path). I use this to keep my list organized. It is not a big deal, I was just wondering.

Everything else is running GREAT. I do know that MTU suggests that I upgrade to at least 3gig of ram now for running Vista. I work around any slow down or freeze problems (don't add Singer CD's toward end of a song playing or I can't do anything until it completes) until I can get this upgraded.
MTU's thinking on this was to prevent someone from putting in a wrong or mistyped file name, but I see your point on this as well. Maybe they can add a "Clear/Delete Entry" button so you can completely remove one.
The situation you mentioned about adding singer's discs will not change regardless of how much RAM you add. The program is designed to not start anything new until that process is complete. This was done to keep from causing sync problems with the next song.

madjim- with the Lord
June 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Now (4.09c) I can not completely remove settings (can not remove file path).

Once an instabutton has been been added we can change the file that is associated with it using the "Select File" button (this changes the file path) and we can can edit the title & color. Also when an instabutton is unchecked in the setup window it is removed from the main Hoster screen.

I like this setup. :w

Jim :g

admin
June 17th, 2009, 02:22 PM
JNS02, we fixed one problem and overlooked the fact we no longer have a way to "delete" an existing entry.

We will address that in 4.10.

In the meantime, you can "reuse" and existing button by selecting the new filename you want, and change the button Title and Color to what you now want.

JNS02
June 19th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Dale, Thank you for the info on importing Singer songs from CD to play list. I can live with this like I have all along, start import soon after a singer starts a song. Usually finish import before singer finishes.

Thank you Admin. It's not a big problem, I was just wondering.

madjim- with the Lord
June 20th, 2009, 04:09 AM
JNS02,
MTU took Dales suggestion and added a "Clear Entry" button in the instabutton window to the next release of Hoster. I just tested it in the latest beta and it works great. Everything is deleted in one click, very cool. :c I can see where it will save alot of time for folks who change their instabuttons often. :w

JNS02
June 20th, 2009, 05:28 PM
JNS02,
MTU took Dales suggestion and added a "Clear Entry" button in the instabutton window to the next release of Hoster. I just tested it in the latest beta and it works great. Everything is deleted in one click, very cool. :c I can see where it will save alot of time for folks who change their instabuttons often. :w

Thanks for the info Jim, Like I said, it wasn't a big deal but I like to keep things organized and this is a help. (for me anyway. Maybe I'm just a little anal). How far away is 4.10 (approx)

ddouglass
June 20th, 2009, 06:34 PM
It's not 4.10, but 4.09D and should be released next week sometime.

mindonstrike
June 20th, 2009, 09:17 PM
... but I like to keep things organized and this is a help. (for me anyway. Maybe I'm just a little anal). ... Yeah!...I'm not alone.

Sam

JNS02
June 22nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
It's not 4.10, but 4.09D and should be released next week sometime.

I was referring to 4.10 because I thought that was the version that would allow for tempo changes. Or did I miss something somewhere along the line?

And Dale, (I know I shouldn't say this but) This Vista Laptop seems to be running pretty stable using Hoster. Thanks to all of the staff at MTU, Dale and all of the Beta Testers. My 'Karaoke Universe ' has been saved !!:g

ddouglass
June 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Version 4.10 will not be that next one as there were too many complications in it and some items needed immediate release (4.09). Next version will be 4.20 and it is a ways off yet. They are trying to get a few things worked out in some of the other programs first and then back on 4.20.

admin
June 22nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
I was referring to 4.10 because I thought that was the version that would allow for tempo changes. Or did I miss something somewhere along the line?

And Dale, (I know I shouldn't say this but) This Vista Laptop seems to be running pretty stable using Hoster. Thanks to all of the staff at MTU, Dale and all of the Beta Testers. My 'Karaoke Universe ' has been saved !!:g
The "Clear" button was added into Hoster 4.09d which is currently expected to release tomorrow (Tuesday, June 23rd). :w

It will be a free upgrade for all who have Hoster 4.xxx. :c

Musicman51
June 23rd, 2009, 08:07 PM
Administration, will that be the only change for 4.09d ?

ddouglass
June 23rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Check the download page. It will have a complete list of the fixes.

admin
June 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
You can always see ALL changes to each product at their Upgrade page.

For Hoster, it is http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster.htm.

The easiest way to remember how to find it is:

1. Go to http://www.mtu.com/

2. Click the Support nav link at the page top

3. In the "Upgrades" column, click the Video Hoster link to go to the page URL given above

When we do an intermediate release versus a LARGE new feature set release, there are usually several "bugs", "upgrades" and some simple "new" features added. :c