PDA

View Full Version : moving hoster from old laptop to new

Groove
January 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Hi
If any one could help me with this.
i have an old laptop where i had hoster 3321a installed problem is it keeps over heating only stays on for 1/2 hour so i bought a new laptop i worked out that if i uninstall hoster i can then re install same hoster on a diff lap top when i went ahead with it it said "already installed on 2pc's" i sent a support ticket to MTU it came back "sorted" from MTU tried again still the same sent another ticket came back "install using this code ******* etc" tried that but it says "wrong code"
I have 3 setups where i use hoster for the public, 2 of them hoster lite 1 full version of hoster, thats the other copy of wich i want on the new laptop that i'm going to use in house, also the first hoster i ever bought, i did notice that i used a different e-mail back then, an e-mail i can't get to any more could that complicate things ???
I did mention this in one ticket i sent to MTU
Any help appreciated!!

ddouglass
January 9th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Are all your versions 3.321 or different versions?
Does this mean you have two store accounts or did you change you email for the store account when you changed email addresses?
You can reply back to them and it will go to the same ticket. Be sure to include the correct version of the full Hoster, the last 4 characters of the registration code, and the email address associated with it.
MTU is the only ones who can help you with this.

Groove
January 9th, 2009, 03:17 AM
I believe i have 2 store accounts cause when i log in to store account only the lite versions show up not the full version. Not sure what series the lite version are but the full version is 3321a and i only have 1 full hoster i will reply to MTU with the details as u suggested

swany
January 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Buy a cool pad.

Groove
January 9th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Swany
i got one makes no diff

swany
January 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Time to open it up and give a good old fashion vacuum. It most likely is very grungy on the inside. That extra smoke film and dust does cause a heat problem. I know my rack mounts from mtu get it once every 3-4 months even with the covers and filters in place they get a build up. Have fun.

Joe Nieves
January 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Grove

Here is a post conserning you're first issue.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=11188

Joe.....

swany
January 12th, 2009, 12:06 PM
BTT moving hoster.