PDA

View Full Version : cd writers

tonnkat
March 5th, 2002, 04:54 PM
I have a buslink cdr writer and on the box is states it will read-write kareoke cd's I tried your software and it did not work, Am I doing something wrong?
tony

Brian Corr
March 5th, 2002, 06:00 PM
You have to watch, some CD Rom manufacturers like to add the karaoke capability words to there product.

But Karaoke capable does not mean it will be CDG capable. Karoke capable could cover VCD and midi karaoke too.

You would be better to buy a MTU approved drive, that way you won't be dissapointed.

DJ Music&Lights
March 24th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Hi Tonnkat
I too purchased one of these, and it does indeed say it supports CD+G, but it won't. On this basis you should demand your money back from the retailer under faulty goods.
If it says it can and it can't, it's either faulty or it's a trade descriptions offence.
It's as simple as that. I bought a plextor 24.10.40 by mail order in the uk and it works beutifully.
Good luck
Gaz.

Cybrknite
April 1st, 2002, 02:33 AM
A friend and I both recently purchased a Buslink 32x12x40 CDRW from Best Buy. We use Padus Discjuggler. Set your options to RW(Cd+G) and click on RAW. Create a disk image and write it back. We burn at 10X, and thus far it has been flawless. We tried to write one at 16X but it dragged at the beginning and the graphics were garbled. Give it a shot.

Good luck,
Cybrknite

DJ Music&Lights
April 1st, 2002, 05:01 AM
A lot of drives will support RAW but this will only copy a whole CD. This drive will not extract tracks with MTU or DCRWin.

Cybrknite
April 2nd, 2002, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the info. I am going to buy a new Plextor 24xwith USB so I can use it on my Mac and PC both. Does anyone know of ANY way possible to copy and entire CD on the Mac? I cant find anything anywhere, please help!!

Thank in advance!
Cybrknite

DJ Music&Lights
April 2nd, 2002, 01:18 PM
Try Clone CD from: www.elby.org
or Blindwrite from www.blindwrite.com
I don't know if they'll work, but they're worth a try.