PDA

View Full Version : Error Opening Output File

icsinc
July 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I am running Songverter 1.003. OPSYS is Windows XP SP3, latest version of lame_enc.dll from MTU is installed. I have been converting some .kma files to *.zip mpg + cdg. It has worked fine for a while, although it does have the 508 limit, I'm not immediately concerned about that.

After converting some files successfully, all of a sudden I amd geting the following error: First, I get ERROR OPENING OUTPUT FILE, then upon clicking OK as that is my only option, I get
Microsoft Visual C++ Error-
c:\programfiles\microtechnologylimited\sonverter\songverter.exe
The Application has requested Runtime to terminate in an unusual way, Please contact the program vendor for more info.

I have plenty f room on the hard drive, I've even tried connecting an external drive and I get the same problem, I can find no errors on either hard drive.

PLEASE HELP

ddouglass
July 19th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Do you now get this every time you open songverter? Did you try restarting your computer?
If so and it is still there try re-installing songverter. Something may have gotten corrupted or changed that is effecting it.

icsinc
July 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Yes, By the way thanks for the reply.
I have reinstalled Songverter, and re booted, I did not completely uninstall the program first though. I stll get the same error

icsinc
July 21st, 2008, 09:26 AM
IT seems as though it may have been an XP error. Later I noticed I was getting a "Delayed Write " error. Did some research and found out that I needed to disable Write Caching to the hard drive. this seems to work now.
I sure with MTU would figure out the problem with the 508 LIMIT. and why the program just crashes sometimes for no reason.

ddouglass
July 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
Right now they are up to the necks in Alligators with Hoster. Microstudio is next in line for fixing/upgrading. So it may be a while before they get to that.