PDA

View Full Version : New Hoster program

Jim Sargent
July 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Does anybody know what happened to the new Hoster program that was supposed to come out last month I think it was 4.00.
thanks jim :?

ddouglass
July 2nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10180

Read the above thread and you will see.:g

BloodyLegend
July 7th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Is it true that the new version will include features previously only available by purchasing MessageOke? I'm so glad MTU was able to secure the rights to the ideas behind MessageOke. So much better having all these features in the one program.

ddouglass
July 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM
There are no rights involved. They have written their own code for the items added, not used messageoke's.

BloodyLegend
July 8th, 2008, 02:51 AM
My bad. I wasn't aware of the facts. Although, it does sound like you are saying that a person (or company) can legally write an identical program to, let's say Hoster, as long as they don't use MTU's code. As long as they write their own code (chances are there would have to be similarities), they are within their rights? Even if it is legal, it doesn't quite sound ethical, to me.

mindonstrike
July 8th, 2008, 07:19 AM
My bad. I wasn't aware of the facts. Although, it does sound like you are saying that a person (or company) can legally write an identical program to, let's say Hoster, as long as they don't use MTU's code. As long as they write their own code (chances are there would have to be similarities), they are within their rights? Even if it is legal, it doesn't quite sound ethical, to me.If it weren't legal IBM would be the only ones selling PC's and Microsoft would still be pushing DOS because Apple invented the windows style operating system.

There are other companies selling programs for karaoke. As long as they don't call themselves Hoster or look so similiar to Hoster as to be confused with Hoster, or copy the code, they are perfectly legal and moral

madjim- with the Lord
July 8th, 2008, 09:18 AM
If it weren't legal IBM would be the only ones selling PC's and Microsoft would still be pushing DOS because Apple invented the windows style operating system.

Ford would be the only company that makes an automoblie with four wheels. Even patten restrictions change after a designated period of time. This promotes free enterprize, the American way. There has to be healthy competition. The person with the best product and design and service get the most business.

A football game is no fun to watch if one team just dominates the other. It's better for all if the playing field is level, in all area.

Just My Two Cents

Jim :g

gotrich
July 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
is this stil the thread to watch?

capnvic
July 8th, 2008, 12:19 PM
is this stil the thread to watch?

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10180.

This is where admin has been posting updates for Hoster 4.00

admin
July 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Is it true that the new version will include features previously only available by purchasing MessageOke? I'm so glad MTU was able to secure the rights to the ideas behind MessageOke. So much better having all these features in the one program.
For the record, MTU has never seen or reviewed MessageOke. There is no legal involvement at all. The author of MessageOke wanted us to market their product, but we did not as we knew one day MTU would need to answer our customers "desires" to integrate similar features into Hoster.

We have taken what our customers requested, and the Hoster 3.321a platform we have evolved since 1999, and added our customer's requests to it. I can't even say we "have" the MessageOke features... I don't know what they are. I find it interesting that you have posted many times about MessageOke, but not made requests of what you would like MTU to add into Hoster. Thus, there even appears to be no "cross pollination" from you, their most ardent marketeer... and our product. Be careful how you imply MTU has done anything even immoral. We are the creators of this industry, the first to conceive, invest in and develop hosting software. The fact that we were slow implementing some features does not give any credence to others as being the "creators" of any features. All other hosting software has copied what MTU pioneered.

BTW... Your registered Forum email is not in our customer database. :r

BloodyLegend... Please click here and select "SALES" (http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm#WebEmailForm) to send me your registered MTU Account email. Please reference "BloodyLegend". You have posted that you own and use Hoster. I just need to verify that as these Forums are for MTU customers only. :)

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?t=10180 is the thread I maintain about our progress. Please review it now as I just posted an update. :)