PDA

View Full Version : Multi Track Recording

pottersclay
December 2nd, 2000, 01:03 PM
Is it possible to record multiple tracks simultaneously? I would appreciate any information on this topic. I also noted the future development of its use with Tascam MX2424. Is this the only option?

admin
December 2nd, 2000, 05:12 PM
Thanks for asking. Microeditor currently can record 1 stereo or 2 monaural streams at a time. You can also overdub, meaning play the existing project out and record in sync to it.

Microeditor allows up to 36,000 overlapping segments to play and mix together in a single project. Thus, when building a project, there are NO track limitations.

As to recording more streams at the same time, we are working on an option to interface to the ASIO device driver, that gives us access to almost every multi-track I/O box/card available. You can see our preliminary development plan at: http://mtu.com/basics/news.htm.

We are now studying the ASIO driver to see what we need to do. Since many of our clients from 11 years don't want/need multi-track, we will make this an option command. It will display a new dialog box to control the recording and allow creating segments in the open Microeditor project after recording is halted.

geezer
December 11th, 2000, 11:40 AM
---Although I guess MTU didn't mention this above because they are no longer selling/making the I/O, you can actually record/playback 4 mono channels now through the analog portion of the balanced I/O box, but limited to 16-bit sampling and D/A conversion....The software supports "4 track" projects now.