PDA

View Full Version : hoster on 2 comp.!

flybyrob
May 12th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I sent mtu and email and they still have not wrote me back. My comp. is not allowing me to put hoster on there. It is Saying I have it on 2 comp.s Already! I dont! I had it on this comp. but I had it upgraded with a new mother board and new video card , and bigger powersupply! Please help... I have a show tom night! Thanks!!

madjim- with the Lord
May 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I sent mtu and email and they still have not wrote me back. My comp. is not allowing me to put hoster on there. It is Saying I have it on 2 comp.s Already! I dont! I had it on this comp. but I had it upgraded with a new mother board and new video card , and bigger powersupply! Please help... I have a show tom night! Thanks!!

MTU uses the name of your computer to prevent folks from stealing your version of the program. Somebody may get your registration number but it will do them no good unless it is installed on the computer with the same name as the computer the first (and second) copies of the program were installed on.

When you upgraded your computer something changed, maybe the name?

If you know the name of your computer before the upgrade and can name the upgraded computer (same computer, different motherboard ect...) the same, it will alow the install. If this is not case, email the new name of your upgraded computer to MTU support so they can get it straight.

I Hope This Helps.

Jim :g

ddouglass
May 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Did you send a Support email from the Support page of the web site? If not they will not answer you and probably won't even see it because of their spam filters.
If you did send the support email then you should have recieved a confirmation email back with a ticket #. If not then look in your spam filter to make sure MTU.com isn't blocked.

admin
May 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Your Hoster was installed on two separate computers:

3.120 on 2007-08-21 17:43:33
3.310 on 2006-09-08 17:48:14

MadJim's point about "computer name" is not accurate. We use an extremely complex algorithm to identify the computers, and allow installing with a lot of upgrades to it/them. However, where there are many changes, they are identified as "new" not "same".

I have deleted your RegRecord for the 3.310 version.

You can install your same 3.120 or your upgrade to 3.316 if you have the downloaded Installation file you bought in 2007. If not, you can upgrade to 3.321, our latest by clicking any of the DOWNLOAD navigation links on our web site, such as at http://www.mtu.com/ at the top nav bar. Be sure to follow the instructions.

Ddouglass is right, if you EMAILED MTU, which we don't even publish an email address, we didn't get it. That is why we have a very clear, SUPPORT page with all kinds of ways to get help. You did use our Forums and I have helped you. However, for this type of support you need to get used to our Web Email Form on the Support center page (click the SUPPORT link on any web page nav bar at the top). :w

madjim- with the Lord
May 14th, 2008, 05:03 AM
MadJim's point about "computer name" is not accurate.

Sorry, I'm still learning. :t :s I had to replace a hard drive and named my computer the same as it was before the crash and had no problem intalling my MTU programs. Please forgive me for assuming.

Jim :g

flybyrob
May 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Yah i did send an email from the support page. Someone from here even gave me the email link! So Do i have to have the original hoster on there before i upgrade it then?

ddouglass
May 14th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yah i did send an email from the support page. Someone from here even gave me the email link! So Do i have to have the original hoster on there before i upgrade it then?
No

flybyrob
May 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
ok thank you so much for all your help guys!! I really apreciate it!! Sorry im not that noligable with it all yet but getting there lol So i will try to get it figured out...thanks again!!